HOPE AND DIGNITY RESTORED TO
THE DESTITUTE ELDERLY
Michael's House is Changing lives – right now
Michael’s House Inc. is a non-profit grassroots organization that serves the elderly poor in the developing world who have become invisible, who receive no funds from government organizations or other large aid foundations. It is through gifts that they now have a face and dignity in their daily lives. We bring aid to the lives that others have deemed hopeless.
Michael's House is in the process of updating our website. Please Visit our Facebook Page to see what we are doing right now!
- $25 FOOD The most basic need. It is estimated that in many African countries, 1/3 of the elderly go to bed hungry and another 1/3 are starving.
- $50 SOLAR LAMP Help those without electricity brighten their night and live without the toxic fumes generated from burning toxic materials.
- $50 CATARACT SURGERIES We are currently supporting cataract surgeries in Uganda. The gift of restored sight is truly a blessing.
- $50 MEDICINES AND BLANKETS The elderly in the Honduran mountains have been deprived medicines and basic necessities due to political strife.
- $100 ANNUAL PENSIONS (provides daily living expenses) for the most destitute elderly, many of whom are caring for grandchildren whose parents have migrated for work or died of HIV/AIDS.
This year we are presenting you with a problem for our destitute aged, particularly in Uganda, Rwanda and Togo. Our aged who thought they were permanently blind, but subsequently had the miracle of cataract surgery, now need light for the long dark hours alone and isolated. Learn more.
Our founder, Michael Craig, provides his perspective on the difference between being poor, which many of have been at some time in our life, and the destitute elderly in developing countries. See the article here
"We have made a commitment to hundreds of destitute elderly in third world countries who will fall between the cracks if we don't help them. We cannot renege on our promise. It is absolutely not an option.
During the current economic world crisis, the immediate need for Michael's House is to be able to continue to support our current daily expenses; food, shelter, pensions, medicines and surgeries. Recently, we have experienced a decrease in our donations at a time when the need and the cost of food in the countries we serve has increased dramatically to the point of catastrophe.
We desperately need your continued financial support so that we will be able to perform these daily "miracles' to support the most indigent of the world's elderly population.
Please give whatever you can afford and help us also by introducing our unique projects to your church, friends or workmates.
Volunteers from Michael's House Inc. are available to make a presentation to your group if it would help." - Michael Craig, Founder